It's our favorite time of year! Looking for things to do this summer in LA? We're sharing our favorites, whether you live here year-round or are just passing through. From scenic parks, exciting bike paths, and free concerts on the beach, here's where we're hanging out these day (after work, of course).
Shot by P.F. Candle Maker & Photo Taker, Garrett
1. Crash a rooftop pool party at the Standard (Downtown), The Line Hotel (Koreatown), or The Avalon (Beverly Hills). Check out all the best pool bars, then pretend you’re rich and famous at any of these.
2. Movie theater dates, because AC. Duh. Check out the 11 best theaters in LA, including Pasadena’s Laemmle, Vintage Los Feliz 3, and the Arclight in Hollywood. Switch it up a bit and watch a classic (at a cemetery!) at the Cinespia movie showings.
3. Take one of the best bike rides on the L.A. River Path, the Griffith Park or Mount Wilson.
4. Take a drive along Leo Carrillo State Park or El Matador State Beach in Malibu after a fish & chips run at Neptune’s Net.
5. Then pretend to know all about cabernet and pinot and sauvignon at one of the Malibu Wines tasting rooms.
6. Take the Metro and discover the must-see attractions on Hollywood Boulevard, like Madame Tussaud's wax museum and the Walk of Fame.
7. Watch live music on the pier at Santa Monica’s (free!) Twilight Concerts.
8. Go brewery hopping and try the best beers in LA (even if you can’t pronounce them). Just make sure to call a Lyft!
9. Explore the monthly flea markets! Our favorite? The Rose Bowl Flea Market (second Sunday of each month): endless rows of vintage furniture, handmade goods and hard-to-find collectors' items.
11. Explore the Natural History Museum for a day (because, again, AC), especially the Butterfly Pavilion which runs until September!
12. Eat! Spend the afternoon at Grand Central Market, or head to the Arts District for our favorite ice cream spot, Salt & Straw.
13. See what Abbot Kinney in Venice is all about. There's everything from Food Truck Fridays, skincare brand Aesop’s brick & mortar, and Blue Bottle Coffee.
14. Have a picnic among the plants at Arlington Garden or the Huntington Library, both in Pasadena, or take your lunch to the old LA Zoo.
15. We saved the best for last: visit the P.F. Candle Co. factory store! Shop our retail space and get a tour of the warehouse - you might even see some candle-pouring action! We’re open Tuesday through Friday from 9am-4pm at 2939 E. Pico Blvd, LA 90023.
New! Shop our Summer Collection for California-inspired gift sets, special discounts and more.